Tag Archives: kaido
Progression of Time in One Piece
Myth: It has been a year since the story began.
Fact: There is no indication of how long the storyline has taken. Few clues aid the fans at all.
From witnessing the story play out;
- Luffy’s first few adventures in the East Blue happened within a few weeks. The only time night was witnessed however were during the captain Kuro story arc and at the end of the Arlong story arc. They therefore spent at least one day at Usopp’s village.
- Luffy worked for two days in Baratie before the arrival of Don Krieg’s Pirate Armada.
- They spent several days partying in Nami’s village after it was freed from Arlong.
- No night scenes were witnessed during Loguetown, it is presumed Loguetown was a quick stop for them due to the conflict with Smoker.
- Whiskey Peak was at least one night, they were there less than a day.
- They were at Little Garden for only a day (no night scenes were witnessed).
- From Little Garden to Drum Island it was less than five days (Nami would have died from her illness of Kestia if it had been any longer).
- There was a night scene at Drum Island, but they were there no more than two or so days.
- They met Ace within ten days of him visiting Drum Island because he had left Drum Island only a week beforehand and he was still in Alabasta when they arrived. He was only going to wait ten days for Luffy.
- In all, they spent less than a week or so in Alabasta before moving on.
- They were in Jaya less than four days, the time taken before their Log Pose would have adjusted, however they left close to its change.
- A close examination of Skypiea will show that it lasted two days (Entering the white sea to the campfire in Upper Yard was one day, and then the Survival Game to waking up the next morning after the party was another).
- No night scenes were seen in the Davy Back Fight matches. It is presumed the events took place in less than a day.
- They stayed in Long Ring Long Land for 4 days after Aokiji’s attack to let Luffy and Robin rest.
- They traveled for another 3 days before coming across Yokozuna.
- Including the events of Enies Lobby, the crew had stopped at Water 7 for a week.
- Thriller Bark was less than a day, a day max.
- There was a week between leaving Thriller Bark and arriving at the Red Line.
- They were in Sabaody Archipelago for less than a day.
- A full two days had visibly passed over the time Luffy was on his way to Amazon Lily.
- Four and a half days had passed during the journey from Amazon Lily to Impel Down via Marine ship.
- At least 30 hours passed while Luffy was in Impel Down.
- Three weeks passed from the end of the “War at the Summit” at Marineford to Luffy ringing the Ox Bell.
- Two years passed during the timeskip.
- They travelled straight to Fishman Island in what was depicted as less than a few hours after reuniting, and stayed there for less than a day, a day max.
- They travelled straight from Fishman Island to Punk Hazard in what was depicted as less than a few hours.
- They spent less than a day on Punk Hazard before leaving for Dressrosa.
- They spent four days on Dressrosa before leaving for Zou.
- A week passed before they reached Zou.
- They spent a day on Zou before Luffy’s group went to Whole Cake Island and the others went to Wano Country.
The Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance
The Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance is a pirate alliance originally formed between the Straw Hat Pirates and the Heart Pirates with the goal of taking down Kaido of the Yonko.
However, Law’s real goal was to take down Donquixote Doflamingo of the Shichibukai in order to avenge the death of his friend, Donquixote Rosinante; he intended to end the alliance when Doflamingo broke their agreement and die taking Doflamingo down if necessary. However, Luffy refused to allow the alliance to end, and their goal is now actually Kaido, who will be targeting them due to their involvement in Doflamingo’s downfall.
When the two crews arrived on Zou, the alliance grew to include the Kozuki Family of Wano Country, led by its young heir Kozuki Momonosuke, and the Mink Tribe, whose leaders Inuarashi and Nekomamushi were servants to the Kozuki Family.
The minks are all born warriors with the ability to produce electric shocks known as Electro.
The Mink Tribe’s warriors fought on par for five days with Kaido’s right hand man Jack and his subordinates, and managed to gain the upper hand, only losing when Jack used the gas Koro. The minks also possess another unknown special ability referred to has their “true power”. The three samurai retainers of the Kozuki Family are all trained in combat, with Kin’emon and Kanjuro being swordsmen and Raizo using ninjutsu. Kin’emon and Kanjuro also have Devil Fruit powers. Their leader Momonosuke, though young and inexperienced, possesses an Artificial Devil Fruit power as well as the ability to communicate with the enormous elephant Zunisha, who is powerful enough to wipe out entire fleets of ships with a single attack.
KAIDO – IMMORALITY AND POWERS EXPLAINED!
Many theorist like me believe Kaido to reasonable guess that he has a power that relates to Dragons because of the fact that he has appearances relating to dragons such as his Moustache and his Dragon Scale like Tattoo.
Many have speculated him to have gain his powers from either a Devil fruit or a Smile Artificial fruit, but i believe there is another way he could of obtained a power of a Dragon, but before i go through it i’d like to state the reasons why Devil fruit and Smiles are inconceivable.
It’s quite obvious that Kaido is not a Devil fruit user as it’s been mentioned in the manga that Kaido rules in Land, Sky, and importantly to know the SEA. It’s clearly indicating that he must not be weak in water in order to be dominant in the sea. If so, Devil fruit is out! knowing Devil fruits are weak when it comes to water.
Artificial Devil fruit:
I can’t really say the evidences to disprove this one just now, but later as you go deeper into my theory you’ll understand why this one isn’t it aswell. However i will say that because artificial df is a copy of the original, it would make more sense if it also receives its drawback to water.
Now on to the Theory!!
In the Beasts Pirates those with tattoo’s called the Gifters are seen to have powers to transform into a zoan like being, however unlike Kaido’s Tattoo’s his are completely different, but comparing it to Hody’s tattoo they both share similar appearances as they both show a similar skulls and an image which might be representing their granted powers.
Hody‘s -Sea fish and Shark bites Tattoos.
Kaido‘s -Dragon scale like Tattoos.
Now, Hody uses steroids to enhancing his Strength, Speed, Water manipulation, and giving him the ability to be feared by the sea beasts including the ability to order them around. Because his tattoo looks to depict his granted powers and abilities of Sea Beast like powers from his steroids it leads me to believe the steroids he is consuming comes from the use of Sea kings beasts, allowing him to be more dominant in the water.
Having mention those I believe Kaido also uses Drug Enhancements, which in this case he specifically consumes steroids created from Dragons in my belief because of his dragon scale tattoo, like how Hody’s tattoos represent his granted steroid abilities of a Sea Creatures.
In the Chinese Dragon mythology it was believed that dragon bones can be used to create an elixir of immortality, granting the consumer to be immortal, they are also known in their legends for being either Immortal or Mortal, but with incredibly hard, nearly-unpierceable skin including long length of life, explaining many of the feats of using dragons for Kaido’s enhancement steroids.
This steroids granted Kaido to have nearly-unpierceable skin including, unbelievable strength and speed, including long length of life, which undo the effects of the steroid to shorten his life span. Like Hody he will also be Feared by Beasts mainly Dragons and the ability to order them around like a king, explaining his given nickname King of All Beast.
As stated by Kinemon Wano has Dragons as it might be where his stariods originated from and how he was able to conquer Wano Kingdom.
One More thing to add is his mood swings personality, they shares similar personality side effects of real life enhancement steroids.
Thanks for reading my theory!
*Theory by Enel One Piece Theorist
Shanks has a only human crew
He had a fishman and a guy from horned race as his commanders
He has horned race , fishman and winged race under him and probably more now that he is a Yonko.
Big Mom similarly has Pekoms(minks) and Tamago (long legged tribe), three eyed girl and fishmen pirates etc…
Kaido has lot of different races like horned race etc..
We don’t see anyone from different race
Probably Shanks doesn’t take anyone from different race in his main ship
by D kar
ZOU AND KIDD ALLIANCE’S TRAITOR!
Back in chapter 801 when Joker made he famous speech in regards to the throne wars, he made quite an uproar in the One Piece fan base. However current events made one particular line stand out among the rest…
“Who will betray whom!?”
You might be wondering… why that line in particular?
Well, let me tell you my suuuuuuuuuper fascinating theory that has been floating around my head for quite a while now.
Back in chapter 821… We find out that Apoo is now under Kaidou
Following that, a few chapters later, we find Captain Kidd alone in a cell, battered and bruised.
Does this mean Apoo is the traitor? It’s easy to say, and it might very well be true, but I believe the real traitor is actually none other than…
My reasoning behind this lies in his character traits and abilities, Kaidou’s grand entrance, and Jack being able to enter Zou multiple times despite not having a Mink on his crew.
Basil as a character is very stoic and foreboding. Even when encountering Kizaru he calmly and correctly predicted with his powers that he would not die in his encounter.
Besides his abilities of prediction using his cards, his devil fruit allows him to use voodoo dolls made of straw to redirect the damage to other people. As a side note, I don’t believe the people here are his crew members; because they would definitely know how their captain’s Devil Fruit works, and perhaps following voodoo doll conventions, Basil had these men’s DNA embedded in the straw dolls. But this still doesn’t answer the question of “is Hawkins the traitor?”
Here is what I believe is the case… Hawkins already knew in advance, using his abilities, that the Sky Island of Legend’s location would coincide with Captain Kidd’s base. Something along the lines of: “Probability of location relating to Kidd’s base: 100%!” This would explain why Hawkins had this expression. He was surprised with the method Kaidou used to get down, but he wasn’t surprised in the slightest that he had arrived. His predictions after all, have proven to be correct thus far.
Hawkins’ surprise in this panel, may very well be, following my logic that he was surprised with Kaidou’s method… Awe, due to the Yonko not suffering any sort of damage after falling down such a long way (10,000 metres) Among the three, you can see that he seems the least concerned, not even taking a battle stance.
Because of this, its important to know why Kaidou would accept Hawkins into his crew in the first place, because alliances in One Piece often means both parties benefit from one another. This is where Hawkins’ real life identity comes into play, John Hawkins.
Eustass Captain Kidd = 13th century pirate monk “Eustace” + 17th century Scottish pirate “William Kidd”
X Drake = 16th Century Privater “Sir Francis Drake”
Basil Hawkins = Same as above “John Hawkins” + 17th century pirate ship’s medic Basil Ringrose.
Capone “Gang” Bege = Again same as above “Thomas Cavendish”
Trafalgar Law = 18th Century English Pirate “Edward Law”
Jewelry Bonney = 18th Century female pirate “Anne Bonney”
Urouge = 16th century Arab Pirates, the Barbarossa brothers “Urouge”
Scratchmen Apoo = 19th Century Chinese pirate “Cheung Po”
Admiral Sir John Hawkins (also spelled as Hawkyns) (1532 – 12 November 1595) was an English naval commander and administrator,merchant, navigator, shipbuilder, privateer and slave trader. His elder brother and trading partner was William (b, c, 1519). He was considered the first English trader to profit from the Triangle Trade, based on selling supplies to colonies ill-supplied by their home countries, and their demand for African slaves in the Spanish colonies of Santo Domingo and Venezuela in the late 16th century. He styled himself “Captain General” as the General of both his own flotilla of ships and those of the English Royal Navy and to distinguish himself from those Admirals that served only in the administrative sense and were not military in nature. His death and that of his cousin and mentee, Sir Francis Drake, heralded the decline of the Royal Navy for decades before its recovery and eventual dominance again helped by the propaganda of the Navy’s glory days under his leadership.
As treasurer (1577) and comptroller (1589) of the Royal Navy, Hawkins rebuilt older ships and helped design the faster ships that withstood theSpanish Armada in 1588. One of the foremost seamen of 16th-century England, Hawkins was the chief architect of the Elizabethan navy. In the battle in which the Spanish Armada was defeated in 1588, Hawkins served as a vice admiral. He was knighted for gallantry. He later devised the naval blockade to intercept Spanish treasure ships leaving Mexico and South America.”
There are a couple of things to note about Hawkins’ real life counterpart. John Hawkins was the first English slave trader to profit from theTriangle Trade. Countries demanded for slaves in the Spanish colonies of Santo Domingo. He had a cousin named Sir Francis Drake. X-Drake’s real life counterpart, and we know X-Drake is a part of Kaido’s crew. Another interesting to note is that on the One Piece wiki, both X-Drake and Hawkins are from the North Blue.
Santo in english means Holy, and a certain Don Quixote Doflamingo belonged to a group called the Tenryubito from the Holy Land of Mariejois. Another thing to note is that Doflamingo is Domingo with the added “fla” in between, and that Dressrosa is based on Spain. Immediately, we see MANY immediate links to both Kaido and Doflamingo and his underground trades using SMILE.
So, how does Hawkins, besides being the possible cousin of X-Drake, relate to the occurrences in Zou? As seen in the amazing conclusion of One Piece Chapter 816 “Dog vs. Cat”, the entire island of Zou kept their mouths shut in regards to Raizou when threatened by Jack. Nekomamushi goes as far as to say that the Minks would never rat out their friends to the enemy.
But… What about Minks outside of Zou, with their own crews and bonds of friendship?
We know that Bepo helped the minks defend against the attacks of Jack on Zou, and that Pekoms had no idea that his home island has been attacked. So neither of these two minks could possibly be the traitor…
Judging from Wanda’s reactions we can also say that Carrot could not possibly be the traitor. The monkey’s reaction in the other hand is a big concern, the fact that he tried to defend carrot and how he brought up betrayal in the first place means there must have been a traitor from Zou, and he most likely is the reason that traitor has a vivre card due to hi super innocent nature to the point that he’s stupid.
But if it’s not Carrot, Pekoms, or Bepo… Who could it be?
Are there any other Minks outside of Zou besides these three?
The answer is yes.
In Hawkins’ crew, there is a cat Mink that may just fit the bill. During Kaidou’s landing, what’s interesting to note is how the cat Mink is the only one FACING the hole while jumping backwards to avoid the shockwave… While we could just chalk that up to cats being agile, it does not explain why he was facing the direction of the hole. It’s almost like he knew something was coming, and his captain being Hawkins… You can see which direction I’m taking this.
Instead of trading in slaves, he is trading his and his crews’ abilities and relationships to Kaidou in order to survive in the new world. Due to everything that has occurred and his reactions during Kaidou’s arrival, as well as the events in Zou, I have concluded that this is the most likely scenario!
Being a part of Kaidou’s crew by being in ties with his cousin X-Drake, he was required to show Kaidou how he could be of use, and thus gave Jack information on Zou via his Mink crewmate. Getting called in by Killer to join in an alliance with Kidd, he used his abilities to read into the future with his cards to know that the alliance would bear fruit, feeding more intel and systematically destroying one of the most stubborn competitors to the throne: Kidd.
Due to Killer’s intelligent nature, Hawkins perhaps sought his Alliance but not Kidd’s, informing him of what will occur. Apoo, being a coward, gave in to Kaidou due to his overwhelming strength in hopes that it will protect him for the time being. This will explain why Hawkins, Apoo, and Killer are not in the cell with Kidd. It was all in the cards, as predicted by Hawkins and everything fell into place.
- X-Drake and Hawkins are cousins. They are both a part of Kaidou’s crew during the 2 years period.
- Hawkins’s Cat Mink betrayed Zou, possibly not having a choice, or an extension of Hawkins’ voodoo ability.
- Killer, Apoo, and Hawkins is the REAL Alliance, Kidd was in theway of their aspirations for the Throne.
I understand I do not have any evidence other than the real life counterparts for X-Drake and Hawkins being cousins but I do believe this theory is plausible.
*Theory by Frankystein
POST-TIMESKIP YONKO INVOLVEMENT CHART
The Four Emperors & The Eleven Supernovas
As an entity, the Yonko are one of the Three Great Powers of the world, the others being the Shichibukai and Marines.
Individually, the Yonko are considered to be the most powerful pirates in the world, as well as having a powerful crew. Because of their power, they can declare chosen locations as their own; the mere declaration is often enough for others, both Marines and pirates alike, to acknowledge their authority.
The 4 Emperors individually reside within the second half of the Grand Line (known as the “New World”), exerting impressive influence and control over dozens of other pirate crews and self-governing islands.
The Yonko themselves are not allied together as a coalition compared to the Shichibukai and follow their own individual paths. The possibility of two or more of the Yonko forming an alliance is enough of a threat to cause the World Government to panic, as seen when the World Government attempted unsuccessfully to prevent a meeting between Shanks and Whitebeard at one point in the series.
Because of their immense power, it is necessary for factions aiming to oppose them to first strike an alliance with other factions in order to bring the Yonko down. However, even with multiple alliances amongst powerful pirates, the chances of defeating a Yonko are still extremely low.
The Yonko Charlotte Linlin and Kaido both have a single Road Poneglyph that can, with all four Road Poneglyphs deciphered, lead to Raftel’s location.
All of the Eleven Supernovas are known to be involved with at least one Yonko:
- Monkey D. Luffy looks up to Shanks as a role model and personal hero, allied himself with the Whitebeard Pirates in the Battle of Marineford, wishes to dethrone Kaido and Big Mom, and despises Blackbeard for causing the conflict that led to his brother’s death.
- Roronoa Zoro, as a member of Luffy’s crew, is part of the alliance with the Heart Pirates to defeat Kaido, and most likely receives an amount of anger from the latter and Big Mom, due to Luffy’s behavior on Fishman Island and Dressrosa. He also considers Blackbeard an enemy.
- Trafalgar Law made an alliance with the Straw Hat Pirates specifically to take down Kaido, though as a pretext toward his real motive of eliminating Donquixote Doflamingo, hoping to anger Kaido into killing Doflamingo, and estimating a 30% chance of actually going on to beat Kaido themselves.
- Eustass Kid, Scratchmen Apoo, Killer, and Basil Hawkins all wish to dethrone Shanks, and were approached by Kaido after a failed suicide attempt. After unknown circumstances, Scratchmen Apoo becomes a subordinate of Kaido, and Kid, who seemingly fought Kaido, was badly defeated and told by Kaido to pass along a message to Luffy and Law that they should run for their lives after interfering with his plans.
- Jewelry Bonney was seen crying after Whitebeard’s death, and was later captured by Blackbeard, though managed to escape custody of the Marines after being captured by Akainu.
- Capone Bege is currently a subordinate of Big Mom.
- X Drake is currently a subordinate of Kaido.
- Urouge was shown talking to Kaido about his motives for suicide, but beyond that he seems to have the least interaction with them.
Big Mom Pirates
The Big Mom Pirates are a powerful pirate crew. The crew’s captain is one of the Yonko, Charlotte Linlin. They serve as one of the central antagonistic groups of the Pirate Alliance Saga and Yonko Saga. Their base of operations is Whole Cake Island.
Captained by one of the Yonko, it can be presumed that the Big Mom Pirates are incredibly strong. One of their members, Bobbin, was powerful enough to pillage an entire country with only a handful of men, and Pekoms, a member with a bounty of Beli330,000,000, single-handedly defeated Caribou, a Logia user and Super Rookie, on his own and with a single attack. It was said that if an island does not pay its tribute she will destroy it using her army of “monsters”.
Furthermore, Linlin has several islands under her control, and the citizens of Fishman Island, fearing her wrath, agreed to produce the ten tons of candy she orders every month. It is common knowledge to everyone in the New World that Big Mom’s “invitation” to her tea parties is in name only, and that it is a summon order that, if declined, would result the invitee to be choked with regret. Refusal would result in the invitee being sent a box containing the head of someone they personally know, even if that person is someone of notable strength or in another part of the sea beyond the Calm Belts and Red Line, demonstrating how far reaching the crew’s power is.
They also have multiple ships and allies, some of which were sunk by Eustass Kid. After Whitebeard died, the Sun Pirates apparently joined with them so Fishman Island would be under her protection, which increased the Big Mom Pirates’ power. Jinbe, however, is not really loyal to her and is thinking of leaving her. Also Capone Bege, a rookie pirate captain from The Worst Generation has aligned with the crew. A Single “Road Poneglyph” is currently within the possession of Charlotte Linlin and her crew.
Big Mom has also aligned herself with the Patriarch of the Vinsmoke Family and through him she has access to the Germa 66 who are said to be a an evil mythical army.
The Big Mom Pirates’ Jolly Roger is a skull with thick lips and wearing a pirate tricorne based on their captain’s appearance, on a fluffy background (which could represent Linlin’s hair in some fashion) with several candy canes crossed behind it (one on the right, three stacked together on the left), in place of normal crossbones. A tree is seen coming out of the cane on the bottom right.